Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Hello Again

Most people who know me online know me through the blog I started many years ago, Groovy Age of Horror. For a variety of reasons I won't bore you with here, I've been on a very extended hiatus from blogging there. Well, I feel about ready now to ease back into the blogging game. Instead of picking up where I left off there, though, I've set up this new blog, and will resume blogging here.

This is in no way a diss of Groovy Age. People I've invited over the years to join me there continue to keep it active, posting fun, interesting, relevant material. And I'm extremely proud of the archives built up by my co-bloggers and myself. Almost nothing I covered there in the beginning was being covered anywhere else on the internet, and Groovy Age is still the only place to find coverage for much of it.

So why a new blog? The main reason is, I'd just like a fresh start. My interests have migrated over the years quite far from Groovy Age's original conception, and they have only continued to do so during my hiatus. It made sense to keep posting there before, even long after I had ceased to post anything genuinely (or even remotely) on-topic, simply owing to my then-unbroken stint as the blog's founder and primary contributor. Now, however, that stint has been broken, for such an extended period and so seriously that I honestly wasn't sure I ever would return to blogging. It makes the most sense, I think, for me and for Groovy Age, that I move on.

Also, I guess it was inevitable that Groovy Age would eventually wind up behind an "Adult Content" filter. Frankly, I'm a little surprised it took so long. If you think (as I don't) that visual depictions of nudity and sex necessarily belong behind such a filter--and that does seem to be the main standard used in most cases--then I suppose Groovy Age fits the bill. Going forward, though, the stuff I'm most interested in blogging about really doesn't fit that bill, and I'd prefer not to have it pointlessly concealed (from search engines, for example) behind such a filter.

One more thing. Without going into details, I felt that I hit a few low-notes, and my disappointment in myself over them was a factor in my hiatus. I took them quite seriously, am genuinely sorry for them, and hope I've learned better. I apologize for them to all my readers, whether you have any idea what I'm talking about or not.

All right, then! I probably won't post with my former frequency, but I hope that what I post here will be worth your time an attention. Thanks to everyone who rejoins me here!

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Curt, and good luck with your new beginning. I hope it fits the bill for you. I will miss "The Groove", but hey, it's only a blog, right? Life is what makes blogs come to life, not the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you're going to be writing about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, Curt - curious to see just where your interests have shifted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll definitely be checking in. Looking forward to the new direction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! Glad to see you here, and look forward to further reconnecting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey curt, nice to see you back writing!!!

    ReplyDelete